Recently I posted about healthy sugar swaps (you can read the post HERE), and I promised I would share some of my favorite recipes using alternatives to sugar for sweetening things. This Paleo Ginger Snap recipe is a family favorite and such a quick and easy one to bake at home.
- 1 cup dates – roughly chopped (seed removed).
- 2.5 cups almond meal (avoid coconut flour as its too dry, an alternative is 1 3/4 almond flour + 3/4 tiger nut flour).
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or MCT.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, pulse dates with 1 cup almond meal until the dates are finely chopped. Add remaining almond meal, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ground ginger, baking soda and salt. Blend together well.
- Add egg, vanilla and oil. Pulse for 20-30 seconds (stop if mixture starts to get greasy).
- Form 1.5 inch balls of dough and place on a cookie sheet. Press lightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Serve warm with a cup of tea!